In the tradition of lameness, BF and I are going to be hanging out in our apartment to watch the Superbowl today. We were going to invite some people over, but
- We waited too damn long to reach out (people usually have their plans set up before the day of)
- Everyone seems to be having a party of some sort this year.
As is my habit, I am making way too much food for the two of us. At first I tried to justify it by saying, “well, people could come over” but even as of yesterday we had no takers, and so the two of us are going to have to plow through the following:
- These oven-baked (blasphemy, I know) wings from SeriousEats.com
- This salsa from Pioneer Woman (this recipe literally makes like 8 cups, so be careful or you’ll be eating salsa for weeks)
- Mark Bittman’s guac
- The Kitchn’s hummus
- Black bean dip made from those beans I slaved over last week (ps — if you put those beans in a food processor and go to town, you get delicious black bean soup!)
- Mushrooms stuffed with spinach and goat cheese. I’m using the Lex_D recipe for this (read: no recipe at all), which means they’ll probably have 1357109379013 other ingredients.
As I write this, BF brought up that he thinks we need another protein (he says dips do not count), and has given me the following options:
- Mini burgers
- Fried chicken (he seems to be leaning towards this one)
- Ina Garten’s roasted shrimp cocktail (I am leaning towards this one, easy+cheap+yum=WIN)
- Mini sandwiches
- Taquitos (now he is just getting ridiculous, taquitos won’t fly here)
We are currently at a stalemate. Will update when we make a decision.